- Position Title: Prep cook
Company: Cape Enrage Interpretive Centre Inc.
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Cape Enrage, NB
- Starting Wages: $12.00/hour, more if candidate has experience
The Prep Cook will be responsible for taking an ongoing inventory of ingredients to ensure nothing is running low, cutting up vegetables, preparing, plating and presenting dishes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
• Chopping vegetables, weighing and mixing ingredients
• Undertake basic cooking duties and prepare simple dishes
• Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
• Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
• Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
• Clean and put away dishes and utensils
- Qualifications/Conditions of Employment:
- • Restaurant experience is an asset
• Willingness to work week-ends
• Candidate must be fluent in English; French is an asset
• Candidate must have the ability to multitask
• Willingness to wear an official Cape Enrage uniform in accordance with the uniform policy of Cape Enrage Interpretive Centre Inc.
• Willingness to participate in any training or mentoring provided, and apply knowledge to day to day operations
• Candidate must possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Candidate must be willing to be cross-trained to help facilitate other activities when needed