- Position Title: Adventure Guide
Company: Cape Enrage Interpretive Centre Inc.
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Cape Enrage, NB
- Starting Wages: $12.50/hour, more if candidate has experience
Under the direction and supervision of the Senior and Master Guides, a Guide will provide safe, fun rappelling, zip lining and group challenge experiences to clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in any training related to safety, first aid, and adventure
• Maintain a valid Workplace First Aid CPR level C certificate (minimum)
• Provide a copy of adventure training certification and first aid certification to the General Manager or Finance Clerk/Human Resource Coordinator
• Work under the supervision of the Senior and/or Master Guides
• Ensure the clients sign waivers, prior to gearing up for an activity
• Meeting, equipping, and briefing clients, as per the official, board-approved adventure manual standards, provided by the Master Guide Instructors
• Lead activity practice and demonstrations
• Rigging and belaying clients
• Under the supervision of the Master Guide, perform rescue duties
• Clean, inspect, and store Adventure activity equipment
• Report all equipment in questionable condition immediately to the Master Guide
• Make Cape Enrage adventures desirable – sell it to the client!
• Provide knowledgeable information to clients
• Identify adventure prices to clients
• Receive and process adventure payments by cash, credit card, debit or vouchers
• Complete all transactions accurately
• Report all incidents or safety concerns immediately to the Master Guide and to the General Manager
• Wear appropriate personal protection equipment at all times while guiding
• Fill in for breaks/lunches for the Kiosk and Interpretive staff, daily, as needed
• When adventures are slow, guides are to aid with general site maintenance, including but not limited to, cleaning public washrooms, emptying garbage as needed, helping with gardening/weed pulling, and mowing lawns.
• Other related duties, as requested by the General Manager
Qualifications/Conditions of Employment:
• Candidate must be fluent in English; French is an asset
• Experience handling cash is an asset
• Willingness to work in a variety of weather conditions
• Candidate must have the ability to multitask
• Candidate must be outgoing, friendly, and well-spoken
• Candidate must be polite & courteous to all visitors
• Willingness to wear an official Cape Enrage uniform in accordance with the uniform policy of Cape Enrage Interpretive Centre Inc.
• Willingness to participate in any training or mentoring provided, and apply knowledge to day to day operations
• Candidate must possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Candidate must be willing to be cross-trained to help facilitate other activities when needed